Monday, September 24, 2007

Green Acres? Well kind of.

My camera's batteries are still not holding a charge so whenever I go to take pics of the projects I'm working on it goes all wonkey. I have some other pictures I have been wanting to share.


Several months ago my husband and I were looking for available land to purchase for the later years. While we were out looking we found some property that we feel completely in love with and decided to purchase within the first 5 minutes of seeing. As soon as we closed on the venture my husband expressed interest in moving there, right now! He is ready to decide on a house plan and just do it. It's only 28 miles away from where we live now. I live just north of Dallas and the property is just north of us.

I was stunned. I love where I live, they have just opened a mall not 4 miles from my home that has every store I could ever desire to shop in. I have always planned on teaching in this school district. I'd be moving from a town of 80, 000 to a town of 5,000. My oldest would be leaving all her friends and their families who I've know for years now. Needless to say I had mixed feelings about it. With prayer I am coming around. I know this is the place for us, of course it won't be too hard I mean just look at it.

looking out the front of the property



these two are the back of the property





Neighbors on either side and back have horses. Sometimes there are 30-40 behind us.


and the girls love it (Joe also told them he would get them a dog if we move. Bribery!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Laura it's gorgeous! I'll be praying for you guys, for the Lord to show you what the next step is for your family.

And get those battaries charged, I want to see some crafts!

LOL

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

bribery it is...
but if it works? what is he bribing you with - giggle ;-)
i hope hugs and kisses - may God bless your endeavors, your home building process, and your family.

Jennifer said...

You know we were in for where we live now when my oldest discovered the horse farm down the street. We would love to have land again...Space between us and the others. Maybe spazzy squirrel will follow...